Thursday, June 7, 2012

Soundtracking Summer

4 ish days of school remain(Summertime by Will Smith) and while it
feels completely ridiculous for me to even say it while Joanne is
hustling off to work and fending for us each day(The Woman with You by
Kenny Chesney), I find myself running out of steam, tired, ready for a
break(Hero of the Day by Metallica) While I totally love living in
China and the lifestyle that we are fortunate to lead here, I am ready
to get back home(I Feel Home by O.A.R). The school and tutoring jobs
are done for the year; it is too nice outside to go inside to the gym,
so I have turned to swimming laps in the morning pool for some
exercise. I take coffee at River Gardens Jù lè bù, study a little
with Li Jing and Joanne and listen to a lot of music(Blues Music by G.
Love and Special Sauce). Baseball is pretty much a wrap with our last
practice and closing ceremony scheduled for Saturday(The Greatest by
Kenny Rogers).

As I type the words I do recognize the absurdity of my situation - I
am living the dream, yet here I sit longing for a reprieve(Funny The
Way it Is by Dave Matthews Band). Well, I'm gonna get it! When
school gets out on Tuesday the boys and I will have about a week of
taking in a few sights and packing for our summer swing home. We are
scheduled to arrive at Dulles around 9PM on the 25th of June - Devon's
Birthday(Airplane by Widespread Panic). Meemaw and Pop-Pop will scoop
us and take the boys to Philadelphia(My Part of Town by Tuff Crew) for
good times and some American study(Born in the U.S.A. By Bruce
Springsteen). At some point they will head to Pensacola and hang with
Granny on the Gulf(Forever in Blue Jeans by Neil Diamond). I will hop
a train to Boston on the morning of the 26th and spend a few weeks
working with Coach Currle and the Brockton Rox in The Futures
League(Tessie by Dropkick Murphys).

As I write, Joanne is trying to determine the earliest date on which
she will be able to return. It will most likely be early July, but
if training isn't approved it could be a bit later(Hard to Imagine by
Pearl Jam). In any case, the drop dead date for her return is July
16th, and we will gather back in DC then head off to Topsail Island,
NC for a much needed two weeks of the clear skies, beach, and visiting
with family and friends(If It's the Beaches by The Avett Brothers)!
We offer an open invitation to anyone who wants to share this time
with us(Dance, Dance, Dance by The Red Hot Chili Peppers). Come and
crash. We will be lazy, sunburned, and together, and we'd love for
you to come see us!



Sent from the iPad of
Paul R. Koch
http://dugahole.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment